CALL FOR ARTISTS Connecticut Women Artists 87th Annual National
ARTWORK ENTRY DATES:
SUNDAY, JAN 22, 2017 @ 12:01 am – FRIDAY, JULY 30, 2017 @ 11:59 pm. at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com.
Arts Center East, Friday, Sep 1 – 29, 2017
Reception and Award Ceremony: Sunday, Sep 10, 2 – 4:00 pm
This show is open to all women artists of the USA. Original work in painting, mixed media, drawing, collage, printmaking, fiber art, photography, sculpture. Photomechanical reproductions of original work (giclée prints) are not eligible. Three images per artist will be accepted.
First entry: $25, second/third entry: $10 each (PayPal or credit card).
Non-Members: First entry: $35, second/third entry: $10 each
*CWA Members must have paid their 2017 dues in full.
All entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
Acceptance is not guaranteed.
*Please Note: CWA has an elected membership process once a year. For more info go to: www.ctwomenartists.org
Up to $2,200 will be awarded in cash prizes.
Juror of Selection and Awards
Nancy Stula is Executive Director of the William Benton Museum of Art, Storrs, CT.
Work must be completely dry, suitably framed and wired for hanging. No complex installations or clip frames, saw-tooth hangers, tacks or pins.
Sculpture (3D) must include a well-balanced pedestal and weigh less than 40 lbs. Hand-delivered and shipped 2D work must be no larger than 30” in either direction (with frame) and 35 lbs. max.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitted work must not have been shown in previous CWA shows and must have been completed within the last three years.
Online Registration Deadline: Friday, July 30, 2017 by midnight.
Enter up to three images online at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com.
Entering Your Images
Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch.
Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up. Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/ help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are able to, please email help@OnlineJuriedShows.com or call 949-287-8645.
If you need help entering your images or are able to, please email help@OnlineJuriedShows.com or call 949-287-8645.
Please add services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe sender’s list to ensure notifications are received.
Arts Center East will take a commission of 20%.
CWA will take no commission.
The Connecticut Women Artists organization was founded 88 years ago in 1929 when thirteen women artists exhibited at the Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford. Since exhibition opportunities for women were rare at that time the women started a society of female artists. As one of this country’s oldest continuing art organizations for women, CWA now has over 200 elected members. CWA has arranged for this year’s show (2017) to be held at Art Center East. Because Art Center East has no storage space and no capacity for receiving artworks, CWA has arranged for any accepted work that cannot be hand delivered to be shipped to a nearby business.
Arts Center East
709 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, CT 06066
Calendar of Events
1. Deadline for entry: work must be submitted to the online service by Friday, July 28th, 2017 midnight.
2. Juror entry selections available online: (www.onlinejuriedshows.com) Thursday, Aug 10th, 2017.
3. Drop off of artwork: Saturday, Aug. 26 & Sunday, Aug 27, 1 – 3:00pm.
4. Delivery of shipped artwork: Selected work must arrive between Tuesday, Aug 22 and Wednesday, Aug 23.
5. Pickup of artwork: Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct 1, 1 – 3:30 pm.
6. Opening Reception and Award Ceremony: Sunday, Sept.10, 2 – 4:00 pm.
Handling of artwork is done with great care. However, CWA, Inc., its officers or agents, and The Art Center East are not responsible for loss or damage of any kind. CWA reserves the right to photograph work or use submitted images for publicity.
The Show Committee reserves the right to reject work not accurately represented by the images submitted. Artist’s signature indicates compliance with all conditions herein stated.
NO ARTWORK CAN BE PICKED UP PRIOR TO END OF SHOW.
For more information or questions, please contact CWA exhibition co-chairs:
Patricia Corbett: ph (201) 803-3766 or email email@example.com
Dian Kingsbury: ph (860) 745-7851 or email dian3335@@att.net
To become a member of CWA, a portfolio review is held once a year in
September or juror acceptance into two Open Juried Shows. Open Juried shows are held once a year. See our website for more information at www.ctwomenartists.org
Shipping Instructions (for accepted work only) and Disclaimer
If it is necessary for you to ship your work, please comply with the guidelines below:
1. DO NOT SHIP WORK TO THE ART CENTER EAST.
Please Note: any work shipped to the Vernon Art Center East will be refused and returned to sender. Fees will not be refunded if your work misses the show due date or is shipped to the wrong place.
2. Shipping address is: 24 Austin Circle, South Windsor, CT 06074. Any work shipped to The Art Center East will be refused and returned to sender.
3. Artwork must be shipped “installation ready.”
4. Accepted artwork must be shipped UPS only. No COD shipments will be accepted.
5. Artist will be responsible for ALL shipping expenses! A pre-paid shipping label for return of your work MUST be included for your work to be hung in show
6. Artists are responsible for any shipping insurance related to their work while in transit to/from The Art Center East. CWA, the Art Center East and the shipped location are NOT responsible.
7. CWA and the Art Center East are not responsible for any work that is lost, stolen or damaged once picked up by the shipper for return.
8. All work shipped must be shipped securely and safely, such as Airflow (highly recommended) or similar re-usable professional packing box.
9. Packing materials must be easy to unpack and be re-used to easily repack and return work to the artist, at their expense, at the conclusion of the exhibition. ABSOLUTELY NO PACKING PEANUTS PLEASE.
10. ALL SHIPMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED AUGUST 24-25, 2017. Late deliveries or damaged work will not be accepted. The address for shipped work should be included, and they will be returned COD